Wednesday, 9 June 2010

Getting in training

It's been a fabulous few weeks and looking back on everything that I have got done I'm surprised that I managed to do my day job at all - although the half-term break helped. We now have a designer friend working on the "Cool Box" logo and a training day arranged for in a few weeks' time.

The enthusiasm with which the church has got behind the project is really energising. People of all ages are stopping me after services to ask how things are going, we have loads of behind the scenes prayer support and gradually a trickle of people are coming forward wanting to know more about volunteering. Just a week ago I was concerned that we might only be able to send out a team of 3 each week and now people who I don't know too well are coming forward, which brings with it the need for references, interviews and more coffee drinking! It is a new challenge but one that I am happy to have. A couple of neighbouring churches are also asking for more information and it is beginning to dawn on me that this little idea is getting bigger by the day.

The most exciting development is that Richard Passmore, a real pioneer where Christian detached youth work is concerned, is going to be delivering our training. We have so much to learn from his experiences. You can read about some of them by following the link below.


This Friday a small group of us is going out to look around the Common and see who is about. It isn't an official outing, just a reccy, but I am looking forward to doing something practical. I will let you know how it all goes.....


No comments:

Post a Comment