Monday, 31 May 2010

We're all at it!

Meetings seem to feature heavily in the set-up of a project of this kind. Oddly for someone trying to launch a youth project I haven't spoken to a single teenager about this yet, apart from my long-suffering foster-teen who I suspect is humouring me whenever I talk about the Cool Box.

First I had a meeting with the local coordinator of the Street Pastors only to find that they are expanding their project to a pubbing and clubbing street very near to us. She was very encouraging and in turn referred me to the local Salvation Army Citadel who plan on opening up their Community Café on late Friday and Saturday nights soon. Then I had coffee with the youth worker at a church up the road who has been running a youth centre on Friday nights for some time now.

It feels like God has been talking to all of us individually about this area and now we have caught up with him and are starting to talk to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment