Thursday, 20 May 2010

Getting organised

I am constantly amazed at how much can be achieved when God is giving us a good, hard shove. I have done more in a few days than I usually do in months!

In spare moments I am emailing, on days off I have meetings...it may sound like your idea of hell but actually I'm loving it. Before I became a teacher I was a Store Manager and my favourite part of that job was recruitment, team building, training and coaching and mentoring. I hadn't realised that it was something I missed until now.

Tonight our tiny, fledgling team met over a plate of chilli to discuss how things are shaping up and we finished the evening feeling very excited and importantly we have set a date for our first outing onto the common. It will only be a research walk to see where the young people are and how many of them are around but it is a solid, real date in our diaries...this is no longer just an idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment