The first is a big challenge but I am encouraged that so far at least nobody that I have approached has said no. We are currently a team of four and I am really grateful that even three other people are enthusiastic about joining me on this journey into new territory. OK so we are talking to teenagers on the seafront not circumnavigating the world, but this is still a new concept for our church.
I was given some good advice about recruiting volunteers, that I should be direct and approach the people on my wish-list and just tell them that I want them on my team. This is not my style and I'm not finding it at all easy but this whole project is a "step out of the boat" moment so I should get used to being out of my comfort zone!
Having prayer support for the Cool Box is crucial and seeking it has been central in my plans. As soon as it becomes a secondary concern we are really in trouble. We have some real prayer warriors at our church, in the shape of the Intercessory Prayer Group, and I am relieved that they share my enthusiasm for what we are doing. We also had a prayer station at our Mission Sunday service tonight. In fact praying for each other was a big feature of tonight's service and I was blessed with words of encouragement from several of the congregation.
Those of you reading this who want to add your prayers to ours may like some points to focus on. Right now our main concerns are:
- Finding the right volunteers.
- Arranging appropriate training.
- Finding the right designer for our logo and flyers and a supplier for uniforms and ID badges.
- Finding the right volunteers (Yes, so important it's on here twice!)
More news soon..............
No comments:
Post a Comment